31st January 2017
Looking to make a difference in your local community in 2018?
Want to volunteer but don’t know where the opportunities are locally?
Want to build your own confidence and do something that you can put on your cv?
Apply to be a “young green ambassador” for Groundwork. The deadline is this Friday – 2nd February.
Jess Leane, one of our Year 13 students, did this last summer and found it very rewarding.
Groundwork Youth – Role Description
Young Green Ambassador:
We are looking for passionate, perceptive, committed young people from across the UK to form our network of Young Green Ambassadors.
The network will consist of 100 young people aged 16 – 24 who will act as ambassadors for Groundwork Youth in their communities, for example at their schools, colleges, and places of work.
Ambassadors will support Groundwork Youth’s summer campaign through online activity and some offline work.
Ambassadors will be offered training opportunities from the Groundwork Youth team and other professionals, and will work closely with our local community partners, Groundwork’s trusts across the UK, and the Groundwork Youth Advisory Board.
Some of the activities Young Green Ambassadors will be engaging in include:
- Raising Groundwork’s Youth’s profile online through social media
- Supporting the Youth Advisory Board with a big summer campaign
- Attending youth summits and conferences to represent Groundwork Youth
- Assisting with creating user generated content for our online Youth Hub
- Holding events in schools, colleges, universities to spread the word about Groundwork Youth
- Supporting or organising a community project or event on behalf of Groundwork Youth
For more information about this role please contact Stephanie: email@example.com
To apply and gain more information, click on the following link; https://www.groundwork.org.uk/Sites/youthhub/pages/new-year-new-challenge-were-recruiting-more-young-green-ambassadors