At Loreto, we offer students the opportunity to take part in an Enrichment Programme.
Voluntary work within school
- Students may assist the Learning Support Department in providing additional support to younger pupils either in lessons or during lunchtimes in homework clubs.
- Students may wish to take part in the Reading in Registration scheme with Year 7.
- Students may wish to volunteer in the library by assisting with the training of Year 7 pupils.
- Students may wish to apply to become Prefects or members of the Senior Prefect Team.
We have recently appointed our new Senior Prefect Team for 2016 – 2017. Jasmine Ireland is the Head Girl and Alex Fry is the Head Boy. Megan Gampell, Kate Haslam, Sophie O’Sullivan and Rachel McAvan are the Deputies. There are 4 Senior Prefects: Ashling Larmer, Caeli Coffey, Caitlin Ellis and Chloe Inglis.
External Work Experience
- Students also have the opportunity to take part in a week of work experience in July of Year 12. This is always a very positive experience in which students are able to gain valuable skills to prepare them for their future careers.
In addition to academic studies, we aim to provide a substantial enrichment programme designed to address the personal and spiritual development of each student. All post-16 students’ benefit from taking part in a wide variety of activities designed to broaden their experience. Examples of some of the opportunities available for students to take part in include:-
- A Sixth Form Induction course in July
- Organisation of social activities and community events
- PSHCE Events
- Charity Work
- Higher Education Information Sessions
- Dragon’s Apprentice
- Young Enterprise
- Duke of Edinburgh Award